Visit of Erasmus+ INOWASIA Project consortium at NUBB research lab facilities including Water oriented Living Lab (WoLL) – Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology (ECOFRESH)
On November 17th 2023, the INOWASIA team spent the day at the National University of Battambang (#NUBB) during the final Steering committee organised in Cambodia. First, the consortium visited the NUBB campus and the laboratories.
ECOFRESH Lab is established to provide scientific knowledge and technical innovative solutions to address the ecological health of freshwater ecosystems (rivers, lakes, ponds) impacted by anthropogenic activities. Socheat CHREA and Ratha CHEA manage this Water-oriented Living Lab (#WoLL).
The main activities are:
- Monitor, diagnose, report and make recommendations on managing the quality of surface water (rivers, lakes and reservoirs) against natural and anthropogenic stressors;
- Quantify the ecosystem health status of rivers and lakes and propose management scenario;
- Interact with stakeholders, academia and government for sustainable water governance.
The services are:
- Conduct sampling, monitoring & analysis quality of surface water,
- Assess ecosystem health & provide remedy,
- Perform evidence-based research for policy development,
- Provide technical training on water quality related issues.
The visit was an opportunity to interact with the students that did some water sampling and quality testing on the lake located at NUBB campus. They used the equipment acquired for the water-oriented Living Lab in the framework of INOWASIA.
December 7, 2023
INOWASIA is an Erasmus + Capacity Building Higher Education project that promotes a joint action of 11 organisations across 5 countries (Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, France and Spain) to train a new generation of water professionals in Southeast Asia. More info
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project Number: 619225-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
All Rights Reserved by INOWASIA 2021